- Instant record (Press the record key on the remote control to instantly start recording what you are watching)
- Timer record (Set a timer recording using the 7 day EPG)
Note: It is not possible to watch one channel while recording another. The TV will record in standby if the EPG timer has been previously set. All recording options are explained in the TV manual.
A simple test to check if the remote control is sending infra-red signals.
Using any Digital camera: point the remote control at the digital camera lens. Now press any key on the remote control. On the cameras digital screen you should now see the remote control infra-red sender flashing. If you can’t see any flashing or just a very dim flicker, you will need to change the remote’s batteries. If new batteries do not solve the problem you need to replace your remote control.
If you cannot see the menu displayed on the screen you will need to call the Ferguson helpline 0345 519 6441.
- Has the TV been set to mute? To cancel mute press the mute key on the remote control or press the Vol+ key.
- Have headphones been connected to the TV and not removed?
- Instant recording is available on satellite (Press the record key on the remote control to instantly start recording what you are watching)
- EPG 7 day (timer) recording is not available.
Note: It is not possible to watch one channel while recording another. All recording options are explained in the TV manual.
- Sky Digital
- Sky Plus
- Sky HD Plus
All Ferguson TV’s adhere to a stringent standard regarding picture quality. LED screens are made up of over nine million pixels and in very rare cases it may be possible to notice pixels which do not perform perfectly. Due to this common phenomena Ferguson use the following criteria to establish warranty replacement.
|Sub (Green, Blue or Red)||7||Yes|
Some of the earlier TV’s use an external power adaptor in this case the TV does not come equipped with a power off function, the only way to turn the TV off is by the switch at the mains socket.
Green button feature: Some models have this facility where there is 2 buttons on the remote control:
- Standby button which simply turns the TV in & out of standby.
- Green power saving button which turns the TV power off completely. On the TV there is a special switch that brings the TV back in to standby after it has been turned off using the Green power saving button.
To view channels correctly, a signal must be received by the set from one of the following sources:
- An outdoor aerial (May need to check the digital service in your region.)
- A cable television network.
Ferguson recommend the use of an outdoor Aerial suitable for receiving digital television transmissions. The use of an indoor or portable aerial is most likely to result in loss of full digital service as the quality of the digital signal may be impaired. It is advisable to consult a professional aerial installer if in doubt.